Directional solenoid valve is a type of solenoid valve. It is used to control the direction and on-off of liquid flow in hydraulic system. There are two types: one-way valve and reversing valve. The one-way valve is mainly used to control the one-way flow of the liquid; the directional valve is to change the flow direction of the liquid or connect or cut off the route. Directional solenoid valve is one of the most common valves in automatic control systems. It is favored by users because of its cheap price, simple operation, convenience and reliability.
The solenoid directional valve works using a solenoid, which is an electrical coil wound around a ferromagnetic core in its center. Valves consist of various chambers, also known as ports. Solenoid valves are used to slide the spool inside the valve to open or close the port. Spools are cylindrical components that, depending on their position, function as valves by preventing or allowing liquid to flow through these ports.
Solenoid directional valve is widely used in manufacturing, aerospace, construction and many other industries that require hydraulic systems. Commonly used in heating systems, compressed air, vacuum, irrigation, car washes, etc.
Common household and industrial solenoid directional valve applications include:
Refrigeration systems - use solenoid directional valves to reverse the flow of refrigerant.
Irrigation systems - use solenoid valves with automatic control.
Dishwashers and washing machines - control water flow.
Air Conditioning System - Controls the air pressure.
Door Locks - Automatic locking system.
Medical and Dental Equipment - Controls the flow, direction and pressure of fluids.
Tank - Controls the inflow or outflow of water, usually combined with a float switch.
Car Wash - Control water and soap flow.
Industrial cleaning equipment.
As a professional solenoid directional valve supplier, Huade provides high quality directional valve, pressure valve and proportional valve with low cost price. Welcome to select your interested products!
1. Solenoid Valve Type: Determine if your application requires a 2-way or 3-way solenoid valve.
2. Shell material: The valve shell material is determined according to the chemical properties and temperature of the medium and the environment in which the valve is located. Brass is generally used for neutral media. Stainless steel has good chemical resistance, temperature resistance and pressure resistance. PVC and polyamide are commonly used because of their cost-effectiveness.
3. Sealing material: The sealing material should be selected according to the chemical properties and temperature of the medium.
4. Voltage: Solenoid directional valves are available in AC and DC versions, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
5. Valve function: according to the operating time period, normally open or normally closed valve can be selected. Most solenoid valves are normally closed. Normally open valves are preferred if the valve is open longer than closed and vice versa. Bistable or latching is also an option.
6. Pressure: The solenoid directional valve must be able to withstand the maximum pressure required for your application. It is also important to pay attention to the minimum pressure, as high differential pressure can cause valve failure.
7. Type of Operation: Determine if your application requires a direct, indirect or semi-direct operated solenoid valve.
8. Temperature: Ensure that the valve material can withstand the minimum and maximum temperature requirements of the application. Temperature considerations are also important in determining valve capacity, as it affects fluid viscosity and flow.
9. Response time: The response time of a valve is the time it takes for the valve to go from the open position to the closed position. Small direct acting solenoid valves react much faster than semi-direct or indirect acting valves.
10. Protection Rating: Make sure the valve has the appropriate IP rating to protect against dust, liquids, moisture and contact.
1. Check whether the solenoid valve is consistent with the selection parameters such as power supply voltage, medium pressure, differential pressure, etc. If the power supply voltage is selected incorrectly, the coil will be burned out.
2. Clean the pipeline before connecting with the solenoid valve to remove metal powder, sealing material residue and rust in the pipeline. If impurities such as dust are mixed in the medium to hinder the solenoid valve from working, a filter should be installed in the pipeline.
3. The installation of the solenoid valve should ensure that the solenoid coil part of the solenoid valve is vertically upward and the valve body is horizontal. It should therefore be installed in pipes at ground level.
4. If the solenoid valve needs to be installed on a vertical pipeline due to space constraints or working conditions, please inform it in advance when ordering, otherwise the solenoid valve may not work properly.
5. The manual shut-off valve should be installed before and after the solenoid valve. At the same time, a bypass should be established to facilitate maintenance when the solenoid valve fails.
6. Solenoid valves are generally directional, so they cannot be flipped. Usually there is a "→" mark on the valve body to indicate the direction of medium flow. Therefore, the installation should be consistent with the direction indicated by "→". But it can be installed in the vacuum line in reverse or in special cases.
7. If the medium may produce "water hammer", a solenoid valve with the function of preventing "water hammer" should be selected or some measures should be taken.
8. Try not to keep the solenoid valve energized for a long time, it is easy to reduce the service life of the coil, or even burn the coil. That is, normally open and normally closed solenoid valves are not interchangeable.
9. A drain valve should be installed on the inlet side of the steam solenoid valve. This part of the connection should be sloped.
1. Do not disassemble the coil assembly.
2. The power supply must be cut off and the medium pressure must be released before maintenance.
3. Regular inspection and maintenance, once or twice a year, is the best way to ensure reliable operation and long service life of the solenoid valve.
4. When disassembling the valve for cleaning, all parts of the solenoid valve should be neatly arranged. And assemble the parts in sequence after cleaning.
5. After the electromagnetic reversing valve is installed and put into operation or shut down for a long time, it needs to inject the medium for trial operation several times.
Please feel free to contact us for detailed information!